- Bank & Post Office
- Cafeteria & Amul Parlour
- Book Bank
- About Hostel
- Hostel Rules & Regulations
- Guest House
- Club & Associations
- NCC & NSS
- Society for Physical Education & Recreation
Important links :
Other links :
NCC & NSS
The IGIT NCC was established in the year 2003 under self finance scheme and subsequently it has been regularized under open vacancy scheme by 12 (O) Bn. Dhenkanal, a unit of Cuttack Group. The company carries out various activities such as Tree plantation, Blood donation, Social awareness programs etc. apart from participating in institute Republic Day and Independence Day parade. Also the SD/SW cadets are encouraged to attend various National level camps and adventurous activities such as NIC, SMIC, Parasailing, mountaineering, tracking etc. to help bridge the cultural gap among various States of India, inculcating and strengthening leadership traits amongst the cadets.
- Ass. NCC Officer :
- Lt. M.P. Behera
Lecturer Elect. Engg.
- Eligibility :
- 1st year B. Tech between age group of 15 to 26 years.
- No. of Cadets :
- Camp Record :
|Sl. No.||Name of Camp||Address||No. of Cadets||Achievements|
|1||CATC, Bhapur||Bhapur, Dhenkanal||13||1st Prize in discipline|
|2||SNIC, Jaiselmer||Jaiselmer, Rajasthan||16||1st Prize in Cultural event|
|3||Annual Firing Camp 12||(O) Bn., Dhenkanal||10||-|
|4||CATC, Chandikhol||Chandikhol, Cuttack||03||-|
|5||CATC, Nalco||Nalco, Angul||09||1st position in discipline|
Career Options :
Apart from regular reservation for NCC cadets in various Govt. sector jobs and higher studies, there is 100 vacancies allotted for NCC ‘C’ certoficate holders in short service Commission in Indian Army. They are exempted from appearing in the written Combined Defence Examination conducted by UPSC.
- Sahara scholarship for perusing higher studies in professional courses is being awarded to the cadets who have completed 2 years of NCC with minimum 80% attendance. Scholarship Amount : Rs. 30000/- each annually.
- Cadets welfare society scholarship : A sum of Rs. 5000/- each awarded to 500 cadets.