- Bank & Post Office
- Cafeteria & Amul Parlour
- Book Bank
- About Hostel
- Hostel Rules & Regulations
- Guest House
- Club & Associations
- NCC & NSS
- Society for Physical Education & Recreation
Important links :
Other links :
RAGGING INSIDE OR OUTSIDE THE HOSTEL OR CAMPUS IS BANNED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA. ANYBODY, FOUND INDULGED IN RAGGING IN ANY FORM,WILL BE SUMMARILY EXPELLED FROM THE INSTITUTE.
WHAT CONSTITUTES RAGGING:
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts.
- Any conduct by any student or studentslwhether by wordsz spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
- Indulging in rowdy or indisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annopyance, hardship, physical or phychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or lany other student;
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of lsuch fresher or any other student;
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or foreeful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it, sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping,foring obscene and lewd acts, gestures causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student;
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student
ACTION IN THE EVENT OF RAGGING
The institution shall punish a student to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely:
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival etc.
- Suspension/edpulsion from the hostel
- Cancellation of admission
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
Provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified. The institution shall resort to collective punishment.
The following committees have been constituted to prevent ragging activities in the Institute
As per guideline of All India Council for Technical Education, Hon'ble Supreme Court, Government of India and Government of Orissa the committees are constituted to prevent ragging in any form inside or outside the Institute campus.